- Wartime magazine issue 8
Wartime magazine issue 8
*** LAST CHANCE - discontinued publication (limited stock available) ***
Wartime Magazine (Summer 1999)
- The first Australian unit in the Boer War by Craig Wilcox.
- The origins of the Boer War by Craig Wilcox.
- The blockhouse, El Alamein by Mark Johnston.
- Getting our knees brown: exploring the El Alamein battlefield by Peter Stanley.
- Magnificent menace: 88 mm guns and Australians at El Alamein by Mark Johnston and David Pearson.
- Diana by David Pearson.
- The great Harry Murray by David Chalk.
- Bendigo's original ANZAC by Ross McMullin.
- Iso Rae in Etaples: another perspective of war by Betty Snowden.
- Then and now: a camera on the Western Front by Peter Burness.
- One Australian's grave on Gallipoli by Ashley Ekins.
- The day the bombs fell by Vanessa Crowdey.
- Public Enemy Number One - fifty years later by Peter Edwards.
- In Flanders fields by Robert Pounds.
- The Ode - is it "condemn" or "contemn"? by Roberd Pounds.
- Photo essay: taking care of "George" by David Crotty.
- Know your warships! Part 3 by Richard Pelvin and Robert Darby.
- Plus regular features AWM news, Book reviews, and letters.
Details: Magazine, published 1999.
Format: Soft cover, illustrations, 72 pages.
Dimensions: 29.7 cm (h) x 20.2 cm (w) 0.5 cm (d) / 210 grams.