- Wartime magazine issue 64
Wartime magazine issue 64
*** LAST CHANCE - discontinued publication (limited stock available) ***
Wartime Magazine (Spring 2013) - Afghanistan
- Contact at Doan by Gary Ramage. On patrol against the Taliban: the soldier’s experience.
- Australia in Afghanistan by Steven Bullard. The complex history of how we got there and why.
- War stories from the Meao by Chris Masters. Serving personnel speak about their experiences.
- Afghanistan: The Australian story by Rebecca Britt. The journey behind this important new exhibition.
- Hidden and deadly by Shane Casey. Improvised explosive devices create havoc and have been around for a long time.
- Other worlds by Laura Webster. What art can reveal of soldiers’ experiences in Afghanistan.
- A face to a name by Meleah Hampton. A name on a headstone in France was the start of a long search.
- Angel’s work by Janda Gooding. Charles Bean had strong reasons for recording his admiration of stretcher-bearers.
- What to know in Egypt by Peter Stanley. Charles Bean’s guide gave Australian soldiers vital advice.
- The liberation of Australian New Guinea by Lachlan Grant and Karl James. 1943 saw the largest military offensive ever conducted by Australian forces.
- Plus regular features including book reviews, letters, and Memorial news.
Details: Magazine, published 2013.
Format: Soft cover, illustrations, 72 pages.
Dimensions: 29.7 cm (h) x 20.2 cm (w) 0.5 cm (d) / 210 grams.