- Wartime magazine issue 97
Wartime magazine issue 97
By Official magazine of the Australian War Memorial
Wartime Magazine (Summer 2022) - Wars of Empire
- Avenging General Gordon by Thomas J. Rogers. The NSW Contingent to Sudan provides insights into colonial Australian society in the 1880s.
- Five days that shook the Empire by Spencer Jones. "Black Week", December 1899, produced shattering defeats for Britain at the hands of the Boers.
- Tumble down white fellows by Stephen Gapps. "The natives may now be called at war with the Europeans" - the Bathurst War of 1822-24.
- Wiray bimirr madhu by Angus Murray. Wiradjuri warriors and their allies fiercely resisted the advance of colonial forces across the Australian Frontier, 1825-41.
- The river and the redoubts by Craig Tibbitts. Australians took part in quelling the Hauhau during the New Zealand Wars.
- Australia's colonial navies by Andrew Schroder and Meleah Hampton. From the start, Australia's navies aimed to protect the seas around us.
- From Spain to New South Wales by Christine Wright. How Wellington's men made invaluable contributions to the establishment of the colony.
- Lancaster "G for George" by Lachlan Grant. The famous Australian bomber survived many dangerous missions over Europe.
- Plus regular features including Reflections, Collection Insights, In the Picture, book reviews and Last Post.
Details: Magazine, published 2022.
Format: Soft cover, illustrations, 72 pages.
Dimensions: 29.7 cm (h) x 20.2 cm (w) 0.5 cm (d) / 210 grams.