- Wartime magazine issue 6
Wartime magazine issue 6
*** LAST CHANCE - discontinued publication (limited stock available) ***
Wartime Magazine (Winter 1999)
- First through: the epic voyage of AE2 by Richard Pelvin. While the ANZACs land on Gallipoli, a daring submarine penetrates the Dardanelles
- The search for AE2 by Mark Spencer. Underwater photographs of AE2 on the soft mud floor of the Sea of Marmora.
- The AE2 graves by Greg Swinden. Crew members who died in Turkish captivity are buried in Baghdad.
- Sister in arms by Maria Chilcott, Producer, ABC Television. An ABC Documentary produced to commemorate one hundred years of Australian nursing service.
- The changing ways of the warrior: masculinity and the Japanese soldier during the Second World War by Morris F. Low.
- Dying for the Emperor by Meredith Patton. Petty Officer 1st Class Tsuzuku Masao, and the midget submarine attacks.
- Conflicted commemoration by Peter Londey. Japanese museums remember the Second World War.
- Waterloo and Australia by Craig Wilcox. The anniversary of the battle of Waterloo was once celebrated in Australia much as ANZAC Day is today. What was the significance of this distant victory to Australians?
- British-Australian officer-soldier relations in the Great War by G.D. Sheffield. Based on a chapter of the author’s book Leadership in the trenches: officer-man relations: morale and discipline in the era of the Great War.
- Taking time to look: Ken McFadyen, Vietnam War Official war artist by Simon Forrester.
- The airman and the artist by Gillian Freeman. Derry Syme, Australian airman of Bomber Command remembers Stella Bowen, Second World official war artist.
- Know your warships! By Richard Pelvin, Graham Clewes and Ian Hodges. Education supplement.
- ‘The Thin Red Line’. Film review by Peter Londey and Garth Pratten. Directed by Terrence Malick, this movie is based on James Jones’ classic 1962 novel.
Details: Magazine, published 1999.
Format: Soft cover, illustrations, 72 pages.
Dimensions: 29.7 cm (h) x 20.2 cm (w) 0.5 cm (d) / 210 grams.