- Kokoda for Dummies
Kokoda for Dummies
Interest in the Kokoda Trail has grown rapidly among Australians, both for its attraction as a hiking destination and for its historical significance. Kokoda for Dummies covers everything you need to know about the Kokoda Trail and its place in Australian history, and provides practical tips for preparing to walk the track.
- Understand why Japanese forces invaded Papua New Guinea - discover the motivations behind the battle of Kokoda.
- Follow the action along the track - see how the Allies defeated the Japanese troops.
- Decide on a tour - choose a suitable touring company and get the most from your trip.
- Prepare your pack - find out what you need (and don't need) to bring on your trek.
- Know what to expect on the track - get the inside story from seasoned trekkers about health and safety concerns.
- Read amazing eyewitness accounts of the war - hear the stories from Australian and Japanese veterans.
Details: Non-fiction, published 2012.
Format: Soft cover, illustrations (photographs, maps), 328 pages.
Dimensions: 23.4 cm (h) x 18.9 cm (w) x 2.5 cm (d) / 540 grams.