- SAS Survival Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
SAS Survival Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
Written by ex-British SAS survival expert John 'Lofty' Wiseman, this book provides reliable, authoritative and respected survival information. Ever wondered how you would find water in the desert, defend yourself from an attacker, or signal a rescue aircraft? From security and resisting head-locks on the streets, to making camp and finding food in the wild, be prepared in any city, land or sea.SAS legend John 'Lofty' Wiseman's unrivalled bestseller will teach you:
- Preparation - Understanding and assembling the latest, most resilient, kit.
- Navigation - Skills, technologies and techniques to get you through unfamiliar terrain.
- Food and Health - Finding resources in your environment, feeding yourself and healing yourself.
- Disaster Survival - Dealing with our frequently unstable environmental conditions: what to do in the face of flash flooding or fast-spreading fire.
- Urban Safety and Security - Recognising dangerous situations and saving others.
- Self-Defence and Terrorism - Knowing the law, self-defence techniques and how to act under threat.
Details: Non-fiction, published 2017.
Format: Soft cover, illustrations (photographs), 672 pages.
Dimensions: 21.2 cm (h) x 13.6 cm (w) x 3.6 cm (d) / 1018 grams.